Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber are more powerful than ever! According to Google they are officially the most powerful celebrities on the internet.
What does that mean exactly? On average, every month the global search volume for Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez is 50.6 million. While Justin Bieber gets 30.4 million global searches a month, Selena Gomez gets just over 20 million.
The power couple are talked about daily from hair styles to MTV award nominations and controversies. Thanks to VEVO’s huge online ratings, Disney shows, music tours, viral videos, and endless hype, both young stars are prominent much unlike any other couple in America. Their popularity outranks other major stars including Lady Gaga and Madonna.
Below you can find out how Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez compare in the online search ratings compared to other celebrities like Lady Gaga, Eminem and Michael Jackson.
Most popular online celebrities:
- Justin Bieber : 30,4 million
- Selena Gomez : 20.4 million
- Lady Gaga : 16.6 million
- Barack Obama : 15.43 million
- Michael Jackson : 13.6 million
- Eminem : 11.1 million
- Madonna: 11.1 million
- Angelina Jolie: 5 million
- Kristen Stewart: 4.09 million
- Brad Pitt: 2.74 million
- George Clooney : 1.5 million
Showing the most-searched terms typed by people from around the world, Google puts Justin Bieber as the most popular person this year. The 17-year-old singer beats #2 Kim Kardashian, #3 Lady GaGa and #4 Nicki Minaj on the “Most-Searched People” list.
The Canadian singer undoubtedly comes out on top due to the buzzing news of his new albums, “Under the Mistletoe” and “Believe”, his then-ongoing tour, and his baby drama with Mariah Yeater. Even some of the mundane news about him being out and about also seemed to attract online readers.
Bieber’s girlfriend, Selena Gomez, claims the sixth place behind Casey Anthony. Throughout the year, she repeatedly appeared on the front page of Google due to the release of her album “When the Sun Goes Down”, her tour, and health scare. Her relationship with the “Baby” hitmaker and her hosting gigs at some major events also got wide coverage on the web.
Google has been the home for strange Internet searches for a long time and now they compiled a list of 2011’s most searched haircuts. You can guess who made number 1, but then again some of you might be surprised by it as well. Justin Bieber’s haircut is the most searched haircut for this year. But a fellow former kid star is right behind him, Emma Watson. Here is the full list if you are curious as for who was all named.
- Justin Bieber
- Emma Watson
- Jennifer Aniston
- Jim Jones
- Kim Kardashian
- Soulja Boy
- Kate Winslet
- Lil Wayne
- Dorothy Hamil
- Meagen Good
Not bad for three of them to be as followed as they are. Justin’s new look was surprising, but I think most people knew he wanted to change his look to something more polished at one point. As for Emma’s haircut, that was surprising but we all have learned to like it. It really has become her trademark look now, it does help make her look more mature. Kim’s beauty is always a trending topic, so no surprise here.
Read: Did Selena Gomez get Justin Bieber to cut his hair?
One step closer to Lady Gaga
Just a few minutes ago Justin surpassed 9 million followers and tweeted
9 MILLION!!! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!
At this moment Lady Gaga, the reigning Queen of Twitter, has exactly 9,497,783 Little Monsters following her so Justin is less than half a million Beliebers away from becoming the King of Twitter.
Once he becomes the Most Followed person on Twitter, JB only has one last title left needed to become the undisputed King of the Internet since he has already conquered Youtube (Most Viewed Video) and Google (Most Searched Person). And that is to become the Most Liked Person on Facebook.
since we got #9millionbeliebers I wanted to give u all a gift. so here is a gif we made. THank You for EVERYTHING!
Enimen currently leads all with close to 34 million likes while Justin seems to be really picking up steam lately and has now surpassed 25 million likes since becoming famous less than 2 years ago.
Twitter is in the bag and I have no doubt he will also take over Facebook in less than 1 year from now.
Congrats Justin Drew Bieber on all your achievements!!
We have heard for the past week about some of the most popular names and faces on search engines around the country. We have already heard from both Bing and Yahoo! — now, we have the list from the king of them all in Google.
Here are the ten names that the search engine managed to pick up:
- Justin Bieber: is anyone surprised? With an army of teen girls behind him, Justin is searched left and right by everyone.
- Lady Gaga: The “Bad Romance” singer not only has fans in the United States, but she is also worldwide.
- Kim Kardashian: She is frequently labeled one of the most desirable women in the world, and her status her proves it.
- Nicki Minaj: The rapper burst on the scene in the past year, and many people may have been looking for more information.
- Miley Cyrus: The “Hannah Montana” star caused drama with a racy new album, and also plenty of rumors about her personal life.
- Katy Perry: This “California Gurl” also had a big year thanks to three #1 singles.
- Lil Wayne: He’s back in prison now, and his legal drama produced plenty of searches.
- Taylor Swift: Her album had the best week of any thus far in 2010.
- Eminem: If it wasn’t for Taylor, Eminem would own that title above.
- Megan Fox: People are still searching for her even though she’s not part of the new “Transformers.”
Are you surprised by any of these rankings?
Once JB overtakes Lady Gaga as most followed on Twitter he will become the undisputed KING OF THE INTERNET.